The latest news from the world’s leading multichannel solution.
Thanks for stopping by to check out the first edition of our brand new Codisto newsletter, where every week we’ll be hitting your inbox with a roundup of all the latest news, education and seller resources to help you stay on top of your multichannel ecommerce with Codisto.
Tune in every week and keep up to date on all the latest Codisto product news, feature rollouts, help guides and more and together, let’s make 2022 the year to grow your brand with multichannel!
This week’s top articles and guides to keep you in the know and help upskill your ecommerce strategy.
Holiday season of 2021 saw record spending on ecommerce
A recent study from Adobe has shown that 2021 was another record-breaking year for holiday sales online as the industry continues to grow despite the challenges and uncertainty of the pandemic.
- U.S. consumers spent a breaking record of $204.5 billion on ecommerce during the holiday season, an 8.6% increase in online spending from 2020
- Consumers were more cautious about their spending, spreading their shopping over November and December.
- This year also saw a disruption in supply chains as customers saw over 6 billion out-of-stock messages, which created difficulties for shoppers but didn’t deter them from spending at record volumes.
- Online shoppers were prepared to buy despite seeing fewer discounts.
- Revenue from BNPL (Buy Now Pay Later) purchases was up 27% from 2020, and orders were up 10%.
Shopify Trend Report: Top 7 small business trends for 2022
In their Future of Commerce report, Shopify asked sellers and customers what matters to them in the new era of commerce, identifying seven trends sellers should pay close attention to in the new year, with these key takeaways for merchants:
- Make customer experience a priority in 2021. When asked customers what they find most valuable when shopping online, accurate product images and detail-rich, easy to find product information topped the list, along with localization and product reviews, but only 27% of sellers surveyed listed these simple improvements to their customer experience as a priority for 2022.
- 56% of sellers are looking to increase investment in online marketplaces, with 49% planning to do the same for social commerce – so make 2022 the year you add more channels to your line up.
- Sellers and consumers alike have all been impacted by global supply chain issues due to the pandemic, but not all businesses are taking proactive steps to deal with them. So in 2022, with only a little over 40% of businesses improving collaboration with their supply chain partners and investing in manufacturing capacity and speed of supply chain improvements, make the best of a bad situation by making logistics a priority.
This week’s must read articles from the world of ecommerce and multichannel.
Social Commerce: 5 must-haves for 2022
Amazon seller tips for 2022, from the experts
5 growth marketing predictions for 2022
Amazon, Walmart and the epic battle for consumer spending
This week’s trending FAQs from the Codisto support team.
I’m on the Amazon by Codisto Free Plan; What happens if I go over 50 orders?
Amazon by Codisto is a dedicated Amazon sales channel available exclusively on Shopify and is free to use for up to 50 Amazon orders a month. If you exceed your free order inclusion in any given month, you can continue to receive your 50 free orders each month, but to ensure ongoing Amazon sync as your order volume grows, you’ll need to upgrade your plan to include a small 1% overage fee for any orders after your first 50 each month.
You will only pay the 1% overage on additional orders after your first 50, which will remain free, and if you don’t reach over 50 orders on Amazon in any given month, we won’t charge you anything at all!
Alternatively, if you’re expecting higher monthly order volumes well in excess of the 50 free orders, you might find one of our fixed plans better value. You can view our full range of fixed plans from our pricing page.
New features, fixes and updates to Codisto products.
New tax handling options for Amazon by Codisto
Amazon by Codisto
We’ve made it easier to manage your tax handling options for Amazon by Codisto.
By default, for orders where Amazon collects and remits taxes, the order details sent to Shopify exclude the tax as there is no tax obligation on the merchant, but you can change the behavior in Settings any time you like.